Toddlers through age 5 and their parents or caregivers are invited into the Hackbarth Auditorium at the Maywood Public Library to hear stories, read, sing songs and do an occasional craft.
Children’s Story Time Rules:
Parent participation is the key to the success of this program. It is an opportunity for parents to introduce their children to reading and language in a fun way. Please join in the activities and show your child its fun! Story time completely unique literary experiences for the child.
- Registration limited to 15 (toddlers to age 6) children. Maywood residents have priority. Non-Maywood residents will be wait listed and called the day before the program if there is room. Your library card is required for registration.
- Please discuss proper audience behavior with your child before you come to the library program so they will know what is expected of them.
- If the children in your care become disruptive, please remove them until they are comfortable and willing to listen.
- Please do not bring snacks, drinks or toys.
- Parents or guardians may not sign up the children of friends or other relatives from another town.
- Registration may be accomplished in person or via telephone. In case you cancel your registration you must let library know so the parent of the next child on the waiting list is called.
- Parents or guardians are asked to bring their children to the programs on time.
We appreciate your help in preserving an enjoyable and beneficial story time experience for all. We look forward to seeing you at the library!
Maywood Public Library
459, Maywood Ave, Maywood, NJ 07607